Friday, January 27, 2012

Ferris Bueller sequel, an ad?

Inspector Gadget IV? I hope not.  
Ferris Buellersequel, an ad?
Thiscould be a tie in with some viral marketing event with the old movie. But, what does this mean? Well, I lookedthrough Reddit and discovered a link to a story about this shortclip. It seems to be a promotionalthing connected to a bigger Super Bowl ad.
However, there arediscussions about a possible sequel to Ferris Bueller (not to beconfused with the lame TV show).
Fromthe Daily Mail,((Thissuggests that all will be revealed during this year's Super Bowl,which takes place on February 5 and could be that Broderick hasdecided to step into Bueller's shoes once again.
Readmore: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2092653/Ferris-Bueller-sequel-Matthew-Broderick-reprise-famous-role.html#ixzz1kgHNDaSH))
As I have writtenbefore, I love Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I remember when my motherrented the movie back in the day and I watched it.
I liked the complexrelationships and the notion of cheering on a character that cutsschool and is sort of a jerk to his friends. And, that's the thingabout the original movie, Ferris is a bit of a user when it comes tohis friends. Plus, there is a strange threesome thing going on withFerris, Cameron and Sloane. It isn't fully explored, but it iscertainly there. I could see Cameron and Sloane getting together.
And,keep in mind that this hasn't been the first time a sequel has beentalked about. Back when JohnHugheswas still alive, there was talk of a follow up movie. Fromthe wiki page, ((Broderickand Hughes stayed in touch for a while after production. "Wethought about a sequel to Ferris Bueller, where he'd be in college orat his first job, and the same kind of things would happen again. Butneither of us found a very exciting hook to that. The movie is abouta singular time in your life."[24] "FerrisBueller is about the week before you leave school, it's about the endof school—in some way, it doesn't have a sequel. It's a littlemoment and it's a lightning flash in your life. I mean, you could tryto repeat it in college or something but it's a time that you don'tkeep. So that's partly why I think we couldn't think of another,"Broderick added.))
Thenagain, this could just be for an ad for a product, and I am fine withthat. I would just love to see Broderick reprise the role, becausehe's been known for some real stinkers.
Oh, did I mentionwhat a huge crush I had on Mia Sara? And, she looks pretty good forher age now.
And, keep Godzillaand his wife Sarah Jessica Parker out of the promotion or the movie.


For poops andgiggles, check out Yello's “Oh Yeah” music video that was madefamous from the movie.
What the hell wasthat?

No comments:

Post a Comment