Monday, February 6, 2012

GLAAD: grasping at straws (Roland S. Martin Tweets)


GLAAD:grasping at straws (Roland S. Martin Tweets)
Onceagain, I fully support gay equal rights and marriage. I believe weneed to let go of the hatred of gay people and the harmful actsagainst them. We also need to hold those countries responseable forthe gay bashing in certain regions too. But, I think GLAAD ishunting the wrong fox in this story. Read on...
FromEW Inside TV,((GLAADtook offense to tweets by CNN contributor Roland S. Martin and hasnow started a petition to have him fired from CNN. Martin, however,maintains his tweets were taken out of context. Here’s whathappened.))
Uh,once again Twitter is involved. “Out of context” how aboutcompletely missing the mark? So, what were the offensivetweets?
FromEW, ((“Ain’tno real bruhs going to H&M to buy some damn David Beckhamunderwear! #superbowl,”“If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham’sH&M underwear ad, smack the ish out of him! #superbowl,” ))
Uh,that's not being homophobic. That's just a sports guy callingunderwear by Beckham being un-man like. If you've been around guyslike this, you will understand. Everyone of these guys question eachothers manhood in such a manner.
Itis the same way I feel about hipsters wearing skinny jeans. I don'tthink of it in a negative gay light, but that men shouldn't bewearing skinny jeans especially fat hipsters. (You're not foolinganyone) And, I feel men shouldn't put much thought into underwear. You just grab your six pack of underwear and move on. I certainlydon't want Beckham on my underwear. (That came out wrong)
GLAADis so uptight, and they're looking for a crusade or villain to goafter.
Whenyou have Republicans gender-sex bating their base by saying hatefulthings about the G&L community and you're going after a sportsguy for making a “be a man” remark, you are missing the pointcompletely. GLAAD tends to go after comedians and people like thiswhen they should be going after the people that compare theirlifestyle as being in league with the devil. Find common ground withgroups in order to get G&L marriage passed in other states. Don't lash out at every little thing youfind offensive.
You'remissing the point, GLAAD. Please go after the real bullying and thehateful speech, instead of a damn Twitter post about underwear. There are groups out there that want to see the G&L populationwiped off the face of the Earth. I'd focus on those people. Goafter your real enemies, GLAAD.
FromEW, ((“Fam,let me address the issue that some in the LGBT community have raisedregarding some of my Super Bowl tweets yesterday. I made severalcracks about soccer as I do all the time. I was not referring tosexuality directly or indirectly regarding the David Beckham ad,and I’m sorry folks took it otherwise. It was meant to be adeliberately over the top and sarcastic crack about soccer; I donot advocate violence of any kind against anyone gay, or not. Asanyone who follows me on Twitter knows, anytime soccer comes upduring football season it’s another chance for me to take aplayful shot at soccer, nothing more.”))

No comments:

Post a Comment